„Граѓаните имаат потреба да се консултираат и побараат совет за нивните права од социјална заштита, лична документација, здравствена заштита, и тие имаат право тоа да го добијат во нивната заедница, затоа што #Правдата не е привилегија“.
Едукативниот караван „Правдата не е привилегија“ во изминатиот период патуваше низ 10 населени места од општините Прилеп, Кривогаштани и Долнени, со цел едукација и информирање на граѓаните за остварување на нивните права во оние области кои во изминатиот период се покажаа како најважни и најпотребни за нив.
Работилниците беа посетени од околу 360 граѓани кои сакаа да знаат нешто повеќе за начинот на остварување на правата од социјална, здравствена и земјоделска дејност, лична документација, но и за актуелната вакцинација против Ковид-19.
Едукативниот караван ги посети следните општини и населени места:
Различните заедници имаат различни потреби, но едно е заедничко – на секого му треба помош за остварување на правата и секој има право да ја добие, бидејќи #правдатанеепривилегија!
Работилниците се одржаа на отворено, во приватни или јавни места, со почитување на мерките за превенција од КОВИД-19.
* Активноста е дел од проектот „Пристап до правда за најмаргинализираните“ кој го спроведуваат Фондација Отворено општество Македонија, ХОПС – Опции за здрав живот Скопје и СТАНИЦА П.Е.Т. со поддршка од Европската Унија.
“Citizens need to consult and seek advice on their rights to social protection, personal documentation, health care, and they have the right to receive it in their community, because #Justice is not a privilege.”
The educational caravan “Justice is not a privilege” in the past week traveled through 10 settlements in the municipalities of Prilep, Krivogashtani and Dolneni, in order to educate and inform citizens to exercise their rights in those areas that in the past proved to be the most important and necessary for them.
The workshops were attended by about 360 citizens who wanted to know more about how to exercise their rights in social, health and agricultural activities, personal documentation, but also about the current vaccination against Covid-19.
The educational caravan visited the following municipalities and settlements:
– On 20.07.2021, LET Station was visiting the Mariovo region, in the village Vitolishte and v. Shtavica which, in addition to the natural sights, abounds with huge energy and tourist potential, which unfortunately is not used enough. During the visit to these places, we talked with the citizens about the realization of the rights from social protection, personal documentation, the current vaccination, where the citizens pointed out the problems they face and are related to the use of state subsidies for livestock breeding, which this year still they have not received them, and they are extremely important for their functioning.
On July 21st 2021, the educational caravan continued its activity in the Dolneni region (village of Dolneni, village of Dupjacani and village of Ropotovo) where we talked with the citizens about the need to exercise rights of social protection, housing and road infrastructure that are at an unenviable level in this region. The locals pointed out that they face various problems that are most often related to the rights from agricultural activity and social protection, which due to the unavailability of institutions in this region face additional difficulties and material and financial burden.
– On 22.07.2021, LET Station visited the local population in the village Krivogashtani and the village Vogjani, where the citizens discussed the rights from social protection, rights from agricultural activity, current vaccination and other rights from health care, the manner of their realization and providing continuous assistance and support in the realization of their rights. We also talked to the citizens of these settlements about the need to open an office that would offer legal aid and support, given the fact that they are several kilometers away from the city, and the unenviable road infrastructure does not allow them to travel to the city every day to achieve some right.
– On 23.07.2021, the educational caravan continued in the village Borotino, where after many years, locals were visited by an association, and completely neglected by the political structures, highlighted the problems they face on a daily basis and are related to the exercise of social protection rights, status rights and personal documentation. Citizens wanted to talk about their problems arising from the lack of social and health rights that they can not exercise due to the distance of institutions from their place of residence, emphasizing that everyone should be able to exercise their rights, because all should be equal before the law.
– The educational caravan held the last workshops on 26th July in Prilep, where we talked with the citizens of the Roma community in n. Three acacias and m.v. Deboy in us. Trizla, but also all the other citizens in the park Mogila of the Undefeated, with whom we directly talked about the rights from social protection, property/inheritance rights, rights from health care, etc. The citizens pointed out that in this period of crisis it is difficult to exercise rights, and also the citizens of us. Three acacias pointed out that they often feel discriminated against in front of the institutions because of their social status, so they can hardly exercise any right. Also, the citizens from m.v. Deboj had remarks regarding the hygiene and the general ecological condition in the settlement, especially after the river basin Dabnicka where the situation is most critical due to the waste that is around and in it, and can cause serious disasters during torrential rains, and of course affect the general health of citizens living in that area.
Different communities have different needs, but one thing is common – everyone needs help to exercise their rights and everyone has the right to receive it, because #justice is not a privilege!
The workshops were held outdoors, in private or public places, in compliance with the prevention measures of COVID-19.
* The activity is part of the project “Access to Justice for the most Marginalized” implemented by the Foundation Open Society Macedonia, HOPS – Options for Healthy Life Skopje and LET Station with the support of the European Union.